28 Aug 2011

Another Guzzi special

I realise that I have already dealt with this particular bike topic a few times, but I keep seeing more pictures of modified Guzzis that make me want to have one of these bikes some day. The base can be a Le Mans (one of which I used to own, which makes me think that one should never sell a bike that one enjoys riding and looking at), a T3, or even a California as in these pictures below. It all comes down to getting back to basics and lightening up everywhere possible.






4 comments:

  1. Guzzi’s were actually the ones I would have loved to ride.
    “If I were a rich man ....., da ge dee”. Don’t like to buy second hand machines, not enough of a motorcycle mechanic. Had to stick to Honda CX-500 instead. A very good one, mind you: took us (two up) all the way to Marrakesh and back (1985), without one single problem. Also toured Scotland in Summer 1983 with it (3.000 miles), complete with extremes like Durness, Campbelltown, Carlisle and Ben Nevis, many “dram stops” included.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi... a friend of mine (I'm writing from Italy) is falled in love with the exhausts used to create this special.
    Have you any idea about how to contact contact the bike maker?

    TIA

    Lorenzo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am pleased to help. The man who made this machine is called Axel Budde and he works in Hamburg. Here are his contact details. His website, kaffeemaschine, will show you more.
    I want one too !

    Axel Budde
    Vogelhüttendeich 82
    21107 Hamburg, Germany

    USt-IdNr.: DE252178604
    phone: (+49) 040 81901891
    mobile: (+49) 0160 6370483
    e-mail: axel@kaffee-maschine.net

    ReplyDelete