1 Jul 2011

strange encounter in a hotel bedroom



No, this has nothing to do with recent events, real or alleged, in New York, about which we have heard about enough I think. This piece of artwork was what I discovered in my hotel bedroom in Romania on a recent trip there to discover the wines of this country.

I promise you that I didn't arrange this myself.

The colour scheme is pretty dreadful, but the person in charge of cleaning and preparing the room obviously has a future as an abstract land artist. Any gallery people out there? If so I will give you the address of the hotel, which is a otherwise a contemporary version of 1970's communist countries bad taste (you should have seen the dining room!).

Art is often hidden in strange places!

2 comments:

  1. Watch out. These pillows may be of Guinean origin and charge you of rape !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was wondering about that. I did manage to get on the plane without being arrested though.

    ReplyDelete